|P.O. Box 27, Glen Ridge, NJ 07028
Ann Marie Morrow, Co-President
Lois Waldman-Goodchild, Co-President
In May 1967, the former Community Chest and its parent organization, the United Fund, were merged into the Glen Ridge Community Fund. The primary purpose and objectives of the Community Fund are as follows:
- Provide an agency through which accredited charitable, health and social welfare activities of general community concern to unite in appeals to the public for financial aid and support.
- Cooperate among agencies serving Glen Ridge and its people in the planning and execution of social service programs for the community.
- Provide facilities, people power and community leadership for a unified fund-raising campaign.
The Glen Ridge Community Fund supports the following agencies:
- American Red Cross
- ARC of Essex County
- Care Plus New Jersey
- 1st Cerebral Palsy New Jersey
- CHR-Ill Service, Inc
- Family Service League, Inc.
- Human Needs Food Pantry, Inc.
- St. Barnabas Hospice and Palliative Care Center
- Senior Care & Activities Center
The Community Fund also supports the newly formed Caring Community Alliance, an outlet for borough residents with emergency needs. Referrals to local agencies as well as financial assistance may be provided in appropriate cases.