|Error in panelads - [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.|
|Bob Gropper, co-chairman|
Charlie Lea, co-chairman
Safe Homes is a parent networking campaign to create an atmosphere where alcohol and drug use is not acceptable. One of the main reasons kids take drugs (including alcohol) is peer pressure. When parents take a united stand, they become much more effective in preventing alcohol and drug abuse than if acting separately. Parents benefit from the support of other parents by helping each other resist pressure from parents who do not set the same limits on their children’s behavior.
What Are the Goals of the Safe Homes Parent Network Campaign?|
- Foster education and communication about alcohol and drug use.
- Send a unified “no underage use” message – let our children and other parents know that underage alcohol and drug use will not be tolerated in our homes.
- Provide a SAFE social environment for our children.
- Establish clear and realistic rules about drug and alcohol use with their children.
- Prevent unsupervised parties and gatherings in private homes.
- Abide by the law and support law enforcement policies.
- Prevent the illegal use of alcohol or other drugs in their home or on their property.
In sum, Safe Homes offers an opportunity for parents to join together and provide a safe environment for their children. It does not require a time commitment or extra effort for already busy families. It is simply a public agreement among us to follow some simple principles that will provide a safer world for our children.